As a practice, if you are looking for better business viability in anesthesiology, managing your practice with an understanding of the present day guidelines isn’t easy. Getting reimbursements will eventually depend on how you are looking to optimize your medical claims that are transparent with precise coding methods.
Modifiers that is specific
Today, it is pertinent to have a composite understanding on how you will be using the physical status modifiers in anesthesiology claims. All the six levels are consistent with American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) ranging from P1 to P6.
- While all the levels actually demonstrate the gravity of the procedure, it also ascertains how a medical process was carried in accordance with prescribed guidelines.
- It gives the insurance companies an understanding about the various levels of complexities that were addressed by the anesthesia service, distinguish it!
Time reporting in Anesthesiology is critical
Anesthesia time begins with the anesthesiologist preparing the patient for the induction and is reported in relation to the local area.
- It will be imperative for you to explain the entire time unit and the procedure involved with the modifiers till the patient is placed under postoperative supervision.
- Reporting of all anesthesia services with the five-digit procedure code and correct use of the physical status modifier appropriately has to be defined with cases involving multiple surgical procedures.
- Combining and reporting the time units that will represent the complexity of the procedure has to be implemented with expert intervention.
Explaining the risk factors involved and the notable operative conditions needs detailed reporting of procedures.
- It is a critical section and cannot be reported alone and has to be detailed in additional procedure numbers that will help you qualify the nature of the anesthesia procedure.
- Several criteria need consistent elaboration in relation to age (+ 99100,), emergency conditions (+ 99140) or in total body hypothermia and hypotension (+ 99116), (+ 99135).
Improving on your denial management methods
While, medical coding truly will be the cornerstone for you in 2017 for upgraded medical claims submission, you also need to set the right benchmark with better management of rejections. How do you do that? Efforts in streamlining prior authorization process will be pivotal for your chances of doubling reimbursements with the right checks and balances.
Solution: Finding a trusted Revenue Cycle Management partner!
It is imperative for you business chances, look for a vendor that has a unique blend of experience. Understanding claims adjudication needs of payers is the idea. Today, it will be a challenge for you to look for a medical billing partner that really understands the intricacies in payer guidelines. However, some pointers will be worth checking out!
√ Working with TPA’s, payers: First-hand understanding of how an insurance company reacts to a claim during adjudication process is vital. Companies that are working simultaneously with both providers and payers will serve you with a great platform to set the records straight with your anesthesiology practice management needs.
√ A quality compliant company with diverse models of engagement: Secrecy of patient information, a company that abides HIPAA in its truest sense, is a key asset to have. End to end revenue cycle management that is exciting is possible if you find a partner with top class references in how they demystified practice management challenges with their expert intervention!